Legal Flags and symbols – Travelling to the EU

Flags, symbols and identifiers
Flags and national identifying letters

You can display one of the following flags with identifying letters on the left-hand side of the number plate:

Union Flag
Cross of St George
Cross of St Andrew – also known as the Saltire
Red Dragon of Wales

The letters, or national identifiers, you can have are:

GREAT BRITAIN, Great Britain or GB
UNITED KINGDOM, United Kingdom or UK
CYMRU, Cymru, CYM or Cym
ENGLAND, England, ENG, Eng
SCOTLAND, Scotland, SCO or Sco
WALES or Wales

You’ll still need a GB sticker when travelling in Europe if you display one of these national flags and identifiers.

The flag must be above the identifier. You can’t have the flag or letters on the number plate margin, and neither can be more than 50 millimetres wide.
Euro symbol

If you display the Euro symbol and Great Britain (GB) national identifier on your number plate, then you won’t need a separate GB sticker when travelling within the European Union.

The Euro symbol must:

be a minimum height of 98mm
have a width between 40 and 50mm
have a reflective blue background with 12 reflecting yellow stars at the top
show the member state (GB) in reflecting white or yellow

76761091-42ee-402b-8901-d1df36f9b8f4-620x372 – 0208 144 1715

Comments are closed.